NCPA Foundation Faculty Liaison of the Year—Nomination Deadline Extended to April 13, 2012
The NCPA Outstanding Faculty Liaison of the Year award recognizes a faculty liaison who demonstrates exceptional leadership and commitment to independent pharmacy, his/her NCPA Student Chapter, and the community. Download a Nomination Form for NCPA Foundation Faculty Member of the Year and nominate your outstanding faculty liaison by April 13, 2012. This award is sponsored by the NCPA Foundation. Self-nominations are acceptable. Please email ncpaF@ncpanet.org if you have questions.
Nominate a Preceptor for National Recognition
The NCPA Foundation is accepting nominations for the NCPA Foundation National Preceptor of the Year award, which recognizes a pharmacist who has made a significant contribution to the education of pharmacy students as a preceptor in a community practice setting. The award recipient will be recognized during the General Session at the NCPA Annual Convention in October. Questions? Email ncpaF@ncpanet.org. Nominations must be postmarked by April 20, 2012. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for the nomination form and award criteria.
Attend NCPA's 44th Annual Legislative Conference!
Attending the NCPA Legislative Conference is vital to the profession and students are KEY to NCPA's political success! We are operating in a critical time for independent community pharmacy. New challenges emerge every day and we need your involvement! This meeting is your opportunity to show pharmacy's clout and pair with NCPA pharmacy owners from your state to visit Capitol Hill and discuss issues that matter most to you and your patients. Our goals are to:
- Increase Federal oversight of how PBMs operate in the marketplace; and
- Ensure that patients continue to have access to their local community pharmacies.
NCPA's 44th Annual Conference on National Legislation and Government Affairs will be held on May 7-9, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Some key issues that will be discussed include:
- Fighting mail order incentives in TRICARE
- Supporting H.R. 1971/S. 1058, the Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act
- Supporting H.R. 1946, the Preserving our Hometown Independent Pharmacies Act
Registration for NCPA student members is discounted at $50. Click here to register today!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Legislative Conference
- Join your peers to learn more about community pharmacy issues and how to meet with your elected representatives during a special Student Session from 11am - 12:30pm on Monday, May 7.
- The opening 1pm session on Monday May, 7 includes grassroots training and issue briefs from CMS, NCPA, and Capitol Hill insiders, among others.
- On Tuesday, May 8, hear from a lineup of key Senators and Representatives and attend the always popular congressional reception held on Capitol Hill.
- Rally early on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, May 9 to hear speeches from congressional pharmacy champions before delivering your own community pharmacy message in meetings with your elected representatives.
- Make your voice heard! Inform your elected representatives just how critical a health care role you play in your community.
Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition
Business plan teams have just a few months to work on their plans for the 2012 Business Plan Competition! The Competition helps young pharmacy entrepreneurs develop the blueprint necessary for buying an existing independent community pharmacy or developing a new pharmacy. You could also win a trip to the 2012 NCPA Annual Convention in San Diego, CA and the 2013 Multiple Locations Conference in a tropical location!
Please visit the Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition section on the NCPA website for an application, details of the competition, and resources, or for questions, contact student affairs at email@example.com. The postmark deadline for business plan entries is May 15, 2012.