Attend NCPA's 44th Annual Legislative Conference
NCPA's 44th Annual Conference on National Legislation and Government Affairs will be held on May 7-9, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Some key issues that will be discussed include:
- Fighting mail order incentives in TRICARE
- Supporting H.R. 1971/S. 1058, the Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act
- Supporting H.R. 1946, the Preserving our Hometown Independent Pharmacies Act
Registration for NCPA student members is discounted at $50. The pre-registration deadline is Tuesday, May 1, at 9pm EDT. Registrations will also be accepted onsite on Monday May 7 at the same student rate of $50. Click here to register today!
The NCPA Foundation will present the Dennis Ludwig Memorial Scholarship in Government Affairs during the NCPA Legislative Conference. The following scholarships will be awarded:
- NCPA Student Chapter with highest attendance at Legislative Conference. The winner will receive $500 to support pharmacy student attendance at this or next year's legislative conference.
- Based on a random drawing, up to 4 students will receive $250 each to assist with their expenses related to attending this conference.
Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition
Submissions for the 2012 Business Plan Competition must be postmarked by May 15, 2012. The Competition helps young pharmacy entrepreneurs develop the blueprint necessary for buying an existing independent community pharmacy or developing a new pharmacy. You could also win a trip to the 2012 NCPA Annual Convention in San Diego, CA and the 2013 Multiple Locations Conference in a tropical location!
Top 10 Tips for Completing Your Chapter's End of Year Report
The end of the school year will be here before you know it and with it, your NCPA Student Chapter may be electing new officers and writing your End of Year Report to qualify for Chapter of the Year Awards. When beginning a draft, remember that your report it is already half-way done if you completed a Mid-Year report in January! Use the Mid-Year report as a base and update it to include all activities from the Spring semester. Here are a few tips for writing your End of Year Report so your chapter doesn't forget to include important details. Submissions are due on or by May 31, 2012 to email@example.com.
- Numbers. Explain how many NCPA members were at meetings, events, cholesterol screenings, etc. Describe how many dollars were raised if the event was a fundraiser. If it was a recurring event or fundraiser, describe how the numbers compared to previous years.
- Dates of events and speaker names are helpful to provide a timeline of chapter programming and activities for the reviewers.
- Photos. While not necessary, these allow us to see your chapter in action and are supporting documentation used in case of a tie to determine Chapter of the Year Award winners. These photos may be used at NCPA events or on the NCPA Student Affairs website to show others what your chapter is doing. Adding snapshots of flyers or other advertising/supporting materials can also be included. Be sure to submit photos in a .jpg format to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address in order to be utilized in the student section of the NCPA website.
- Membership. Provide a breakdown of active versus non-active members. Use calculations to show us that your chapter increased in membership (e.g. Our chapter increased membership by 50% from 20 members to 40 members) and/or provide your retention rate (e.g. our member retention rate was 90%).
- Future goals. Even if your chapter has won a Chapter of the Year Award in the past, you should always be able to come up with ways to improve your chapter. List those goals in your End of Year Report.
- Organize information in an easy to read and professional format by using tables, diagrams, and bullet points rather than wordy paragraphs.
- Attach your chapter's Constitution and Bylaws for a 5% bonus. Your chapter should be reviewing your bylaws on a yearly basis and NCPA Student Affairs would like to have the most current copy on file.
- Refer sections of the report to your Legislative Advocacy Challenge or Health & Wellness Challenge submissions as necessary to avoid lengthy descriptions in these categories.
- Describe what topics were covered by guest speakers such as local independent pharmacy owners. Inviting guest speakers to visit your chapter are one of many ways to promote independent pharmacy.
- Don't forget to recognize your faculty liaison or community pharmacy preceptor and nominate them for NCPA Faculty Liaison of the Year or NCPA Preceptor of the Year! You can also add the nominations to your report.
April 30, 2012
Dates & Deadlines
May 15, 2012
Good Neighbor Pharmacy
Student Business Plan
Competition Submission Deadline
May 31, 2012
Chapter End of Year Report
Legislative Advocacy Challenge
Health and Wellness Challenge
Join Our Community!
Stay in touch with NCPA and your community pharmacy peers on all of your favorite social networking sites.
Subscribe to us on Youtube,
join us on Facebook,
follow us on Twitter,
network with us on LinkedIn
for the latest on community pharmacy
and to connect with one another.
Visit the www.ncpanet.org/index.php/community.