America's Pharmacist is Now Available Wherever You Are
NCPA's official magazine, America's Pharmacist, is now digital! Beginning in September, instead of a print edition, student members can only access this magazine online and on mobile devices. You'll get the same great content with navigation, social media links, bookmarks and notes, and even Google language translation. And now, whether you're on campus or not, you'll never miss an issue.
Beginning August 1, visit www.americaspharmacist.net and simply logon with your member ID and password for free access to the current issue along with a searchable archive of previous issues to download CE or any articles.
Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition
Business Plan Competition finalists and top 10 teams for the 9th Annual Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition were announced at the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting in Kissimmee, FL on Sunday, July 15. This year, NCPA received a record number of 40 submissions to the Business Plan Competition. The following top 3 finalists will compete for first, second, and third place in an exciting live competition at NCPA's Annual Convention in San Diego, CA on Saturday, October 13th, 2012:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Schools and colleges of pharmacy placing in the Top 10 teams include:
Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy
University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy
University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy
University of Washington School of Pharmacy
Congratulations to all! Don't miss the top 3 finalists compete in the, LIVE Competition at the NCPA Annual Convention in San Diego, CA this October.
NCPA 114th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition
It's that time again to meet new friends, learn from experts, and succeed in your profession. Join us October 13-17 this year in San Diego, CA for NCPA's 114th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition.
NCPA has lots of exciting activities planned for future pharmacy owners at our 114th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition in San Diego, CA. Registered students may attend the entire convention but will not want to miss the student- specific programming on Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14 to include:
- NCPA Student Chapter Officers Breakfast (Invitation Only)
- Future Pharmacist Educational Programming
- 9th Annual Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition
- Future Pharmacist Social and Networking Reception
- Community Pharmacy Residency Showcase
- Student Business Plan Poster Session and Chapter Poster Session—Applications to present business plan and chapter posters will be available in August
- NCPA Foundation Awards Ceremony, and much more!!!
What are you waiting for? Register today at a discounted rate of $150 for student members. Students should plan to arrive on Friday evening to ensure they will not miss student programming beginning bright and early on Saturday morning! Students are also welcome to attend any and all pharmacist programming at the Annual Convention through the duration of the meeting.
NCPA Student Chapter Merchandise Fundraising Ideas
Brought to you by NCPA Student Leadership Council Region 1 Representatives,
Beth Crandall, Ohio Northern University and Lindsey Feuz, University at Buffalo.
With summer speeding by, it's never too early to start planning fundraisers to help raise funds for your NCPA Student Chapter! Coming up with good fundraisers can be a challenge, but the right product and plenty of advertising can really make your next sale a success. See below for the top ten merchandise fundraiser ideas that can be used to help raise money for your NCPA Student Chapter and send chapter members to San Diego for the NCPA Annual Convention!
1. Professional Polo T-shirts. This fundraiser can be pricey but it's worth it! It is especially popular at schools that require students to dress professionally on a daily basis.
2. Lab and Consultation Coats with School and Student Name Embroidery. Students love purchasing lab coats through an organization! It saves the headaches of wondering whether or not a coat will fit right. Have a sample of each size so students can try on coats before purchasing. It is even beneficial for students to buy multiple coats—a lab coat and a consultation coat—in preparation for rotations. The need for these white coats will skyrocket your fundraising sales!!
3. Sweatshirts or Sweatpants with Logo. Students love rocking the casual wear all week long! Comfortable yet stylish, pharmacy logoed pants and zip-up sweatshirts are a hit on any campus! Be sure to include samples of each style of clothing and even offer personalization to students in order to maximize sales.
4. Gym Shorts with Logo. We all know pharmacy students love to get their work out on! That is why gym shorts are a great way to increase your fundraising sales. With a small logo on the front as simple as Rx with mortar and pestle, these shorts are bound to turn heads in the gym and be a hit! As with the white coats, pants, and zip-ups, ask the company send you samples ahead of time so students will be more likely to make a purchase.
5. Mortar and Pestle Holiday Ornaments or Decorations. Great gifts for family, friends, and students of all ages! This simple idea is a fun and easy way to increase revenue for your organization, especially around the holidays!
6. Rx Mortar and Pestle Jewelry Charms. Appeal to both men and women with these charms! Great for earrings, bracelets, and necklaces, this pharmacy wear is bound to make students stand out and a great way to represent the profession all around the world!!
7. Blood Pressure Cuffs/ Stethoscope. Look professional with your own set of cuffs and stethoscope! This fundraiser appeals best at schools that require students to purchase a cuff. Ask your school/college of pharmacy if these sales can be sponsored by your organization and watch your profit grow drastically. Increase popularity for this fundraiser by offering students personalization options and multiple colors to choose from.
8. Pocketbooks for Rotations: Antimicrobial guides, drug interaction guides, and other essential texts As rotations draw nearer, many students scurry to acquire the proper textbooks and notes in order to succeed. By offering these guides, you can assure your fellow pharmacy students they are in good hands! This sale will be popular in both the fall and spring right before students embark on rotations.
9. Go Green with Reusable Totes/ Coffee Mugs/ Water Bottles. Going green is one of the most talked about topics in America! Join the cause and watch your fundraising sales hit the roof! From bags to mugs to water bottles, you cannot go wrong here. Have an example of each item for purchase in order to catch students' eyes and offer multiple colors and logos. This is bound to be a popular sale on any campus!
10. Professional Name Badges. In preparation for rotations, a name badge sale held in the fall and spring time appeals to all students! Name tags are typically required for IPPE/APPE experiences, along with consultation coats, so consider running a dual sale with white coats and name badges! This will appeal to students by killing two birds with one stone, and will appeal to your organization by watching the sales continually increase!