If you have made the decision to buy a pharmacy or you want to open a pharmacy from scratch, NCPA has a full spectrum of resources to prepare you to make informed choices along the way to ownership. The Ownership Academy offers resources to help you select a location for your pharmacy, negotiate your lease and manage your inventory.
Other valuable tools will calculate inventory, inventory turns and gross margin return on investment. Check out IPMS and PBCS for current pharmacy listings by state.
- CE & Professional Development
Find continuing education (CE), to keep your license current and Certificate programming to keep your clinical skills sharp. You will also find a wide variety of seminars/short courses, conferences, certificate programs, interactive presentations, and other development opportunities.
- Pharmacy Matching
Sign up on www.PharmacyMatching.com for free and answer seller listings online. Buyers can also advertise! Post a pharmacy buyer's listing for 180 days at $50; NCPA members get half-off.
Opening a Pharmacy: A "How to" Guide
Opening a Pharmacy: A "How to" Guide is NCPA's definitive manual on starting a pharmacy from scratch. Each chapter dives into one section of the business plan needed to secure financing and ties everything together in a chapter with tips on preparing the document.
Effective Pharmacy Management CD-ROM
Develop and hone your management and ownership skills. Twenty chapters ranging
from entrepreneurship to employment law to marketing principles.
Pharmacy Technician Training Program
This manual will serve as a superior training guide for you and your pharmacy
technicians. It is also ICPT endorsed for preparing technicians who will be
taking the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT®).
NCPA Employee Policies & Procedure Wizard
Every well managed store needs one but developing an employee manual is no
easy task. NCPA has made it easy and convenient to customize an employee
manual for your pharmacy operation.
- Live Oak Bank
- At Live Oak Bank, we specialize in lending to independent pharmacists nationwide. With a dedicated team who understands the industry, we are uniquely positioned to help pharmacists achieve new levels of growth. We provide financing for acquisition, remodels, refinance, and ground up construction. Contact our team for more information. liveoakbank.com/pharmacy
- Ownership Resources
Members Only information about buying or selling a pharmacy through a Junior Partnership, planning documents for start-up and management tools
- Pharmacy Blue Book (preview)
- Junior Partnership Calculators
- Break even calculator (preview)
- Cost of Dispensing Calculator preview
- Protect Your Pharmacy Now!
- Read tips to help stop drug diversion and protect your patients.
- Watch videos to learn more about robbery and diversion.
- Download the Pharmacy Security Checklist for common weak spots in pharmacy security.
- Get the RxPATROL Incident Report Form to communicate robbery details to the authorities.
- Discounts on Employee Background Screening Services and Closed Circuit TV Systems.
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse Compliance