Essential Oils: A New Opportunity for Front-End Profits
Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
Continuing Education Credits: 0.15 (1.5 Contact Hours)
ACPE #: 207-000-15-133-L04-P and ACPE #: 207-000-15-133-L04-T
Essential oils are a very new niche to pharmacy and they give you an advantage that can bring new, YOUNG families into your practice. Learn about the profit potential from a pharmacist who has done the research into the science and chemistry and gradually introduced essential oils into the practice where they have rapidly led to a monthly OTC increase of approximately 60%. The pharmacy combines accessibility for this repeat customer with solid education and healthy guidance from a trusted health professional. The niche brings an excellent mark-up with no insurance which is a good choice for pharmacy.
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Learning Objectives:
- Discuss therapeutic uses, side effects and contraindications of commonly used essential oils.
- Recognize the attributes of a high quality supplier of essential oils.
- Outline an effective marketing approach for the essential oils niche in your pharmacy.
- Explain various methods for delivery of essential oils and how they can be incorporated into your niche offering.
- Observe preparation of several useful essential oil products.
Speaker: Annette Duncan, RPh, PharmD, Wynn's Pharmacy, Griffin, Georgia
Activity Type: Application-based
Audience: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians