NCPA is pleased to offer an elective experiential rotation in national association management, with an emphasis on independent community pharmacy practice, to all colleges and schools of pharmacy. Students pursuing a professional degree in pharmacy will gain experience with the operations and activities of a national pharmacy association, while also learning about the vast number of opportunities available in independent community pharmacy practice.
The purpose of the elective rotation is two-fold:
- Providean experience that demonstrates the importance of a national pharmacy association to the profession.
- Provide an undergraduate pharmacy student with an opportunity to become more aware of the vast opportunities that exist in independent community pharmacy practice.
The activities of the rotation will be coordinated through the Department of Student Affairs. Other NCPA departments may be asked to work with or may request time with the participating students. For more information on activities of rotation students please see the Frequently Asked Questions link below.
The rotation schedule, while flexible, is designed to be four to six weeks in duration, and is available year-round. The rotation is intended to be an elective feature of a school or college of pharmacy's curriculum-based experiential program. Requests to participate should be coordinated through and received from the experiential program staff of the school or college.
The participating student will be responsible for their housing and living expenses during the rotation. There is no stipend or salary associated with the clerkship.
NCPA is able to host only two students at any given time. In case of multiple requests for the same time period, selection will be based an evaluation of the student's goals and objectives concerning the rotation, letter of recommendation and past experiences during their pharmacy education. NCPA reserves the right to refuse, with sufficient notice, the request of any student to participate in the rotation in the event of significant organizational scheduling conflicts which would interfere with the quality of the student's experience. Specifically, NCPA does not accept students during the time of the NCPA Convention and Trade Exposition held yearly in October to include the two weeks prior to and the two weeks following the Annual Convention.
Student pharmacists interested in applying for the NCPA experiential rotation in association management should include the following when applying:
- A completed application form including contact information and preferred dates for the rotation.
- A one-page letter of intent expressing your interest in the rotation including your career goals and how the rotation will help you achieve those goals;
- A one-page letter of recommendation from a faculty member, dean, employer, or pharmacy mentor endorsing your interest and ability to succeed in this unique rotation;
- A copy of your most recent resume or curriculum vitae.
Completed application packets must be postmarked by December 31. Please send all applications and supporting materials to:
NCPA Student Affairs
100 Daingerfield Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
Students will be notified no later than January 31 regarding the status of their application.