Upon completion of the program, the NCPA summer intern will:
- Gain a general knowledge of the full range of opportunities that are available in independent pharmacy practice.
- Understand the need for and purpose of pharmacy organizations, and of NCPA in particular.
- Obtain a general working knowledge of the activities and programs of the association (e.g. meeting planning, publications, governmental affairs, membership services, etc.).
- Acquire an understanding of the association's constitution and by-laws.
Professional Affairs Activities
- Understand the need to conduct liaison activities with other pharmacy and health-related organizations and schools of pharmacy.
- Develop an understanding of the process used in developing an educational program.
Student Affairs Activities
- Understand the history and reasons for the formation of the NCPA Student Outreach Program.
- Describe the role of students and student membership within NCPA.
- Describe the process of developing student membership promotional pieces.
- Understand the process of developing student programs for NCPA educational meetings.
- Describe the methods used by NCPA to distribute information to students, and the relative effectiveness of such methods.